Please remember that Coast Con is a free all-ages event when deciding what costume to wear.
-Shoes are required at all times
-Costumes should not violate indecent exposure laws as deemed by the city of Costa Mesa
-Males are required to wear dance belts for tight fitting costumes
-Costumes cannot impede flow of foot traffic
-Costumes depicting first responders (i.e military uniform, medical personnel, or government officials) are prohibited
Coast Con and Anime Academia reserve the full right to update this policy in their sole discretion without prior notice
Participating in Coast Con means that you are complying with the weapons policy set in place below. For your safety and for attendees and staff, Coast Con and Anime Academia reserve the right to inspect costumes, props, or any other items brought to the event. Anyone found violating the weapons policy may be temporarily removed from the event until further notice for the safety of everyone attending. Safety is our number one priority for Coast Con and such measures are necessary to ensure no one is hurt throughout the entirety of the event.
No real weapons of any kind are allowed at Coast Con.
The following are strictly prohibited:
- Live Firearms
- Realistic or mock firearm props
- Airsoft guns
- Laser pointers
- Live steel props [blunted or sharp] including:
- Sword canes
- Brass Knuckles
- Hunting bows or crossbows
Prop Weapons must meet the following criteria to be allowed:
- No live steel props are allowed at any time
- Props cannot be bigger than 6 ft long
- Props cannot weight more than 15 pounds
- Prop bows must be unstrung or have a low-tensile thread and be incapable of shooting.
- Chains/cords must be less than 12 inches long and no more than one inch thick.
- Non-metal chains must be under a reasonable length so as not to pose a safety or fire hazard.
For any questions please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org