Coast Con, Anime Academia, and Orange Coast College reserve the right to modify
and/or update this policy at any time in their sole discretion and without prior notice.
Code of Conduct
The guidelines set below are for the general public attending Coast Con.
Making sure you follow these guidelines help provide a fun and ssafe environment for all attendees including yourself.
- No harassing of other convention attendees
- No alcohol or drugs are allowed on the venue
- No persons found under the influence or intoxicated are allowed on venue grounds
- Never leave with strangers
- No metal weapons are allowed on the venue
- FIREARM PROPS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED [for a more detailed weapons policy, please see our weapons policy page]
- Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Call security in the event you see anything suspicious
- Call 911 in a serious emergency
In order to attend Coast Con and/or participate in it’s activities,
all attendees must abide by the Code of Conduct set in place by the hosting organizers.
The following violations are grounds for dismissal and evacuation off the venue and possible ban from future Coast Con and Anime Academia events.
- Approriate clothing. Keep in mind this is a free public event on a college campus and open to all ages.
- Please follow local laws, rules, and regulations when selecting your costume.
- Assaults, threats, inappropriate behavior, discrimination regarding race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender bullying or harassment are ground for immediate dismissal and a ban from all future events
- Commercial business or transactions including the following: selling of food or beverages, illegal substances requesting unauthorized donations, distribution of flyers, cards without consent of Anime Academia or Coast Con is prohibited
- Smoking/Vaping is not allowed anywhere inside buildings/facilities of the venue. It is limited outside to nearby parking lots on campus
- Lewd or offensive behavior is immediate an immediate ban and local authorities will be contacted for any persecutable offense that may include: upskirts, sexual harassment, unwanted physical contact, lewd behavior, recording within the bathroom, exposing nipples or genitals
- No illegal substances or alcohol are allowed on the venue
- Loud music or noise via speakers, amplifiers that may disrupt attendees or functions of Coast Con are prohibited
- No skateboards, bicycles, scooters, roller blades, hoverboards, segways or any transportation device cannot be used during Coast Con in such a way that it impedes with flow of foot traffic or the general public
- Weapons [please see our weapons policy for more info]
- Non-Service Live Animals
- Loose Confetti/Glitter [exception to be allowed on costumes]
- Flammable liquids
- Helium balloons
- Open flame use
For any questions or concerns please email us firstname.lastname@example.org